There were many 'snack stops' along the trail. Austin wanted to make sure we took a picture of his backpack!
Of course, there were other things besides sheep on the trail....ROCKS! It was fun to throw them over the edge into the canyon and wait to hear the 'clunk' when it hit bottom!
"I need to rest."
It was warm, and the hike was long, but we finally made it to the top....or so we thought. Still a mile or so to go....
One of the highlights of the trip was discovering the remains of a deer. Anaya was visibly moved by this, and throughout the rest of the hike talked about the 'broken' deer. She wanted to see it again on the way down.
"I need to rest."
They did a great job - 5 miles!

2 comments:
I LOVE it!
that picture of dad with ny is really cute. they are so funny, poor deer!
Oh, they are so cute! Anaya still talks about the broken deer, and when I ask Austin to get dressed he asks, "Are we going hiking with the sheep?" They must have had a good time to be talking about it days later. Obviously didn't "scar" (haha) them.
Post a Comment